Thursday, September 28, 2006

When I was a child I sat an exam.
This test was so simple
There was no way i could fail.

Q1. Describe the taste of the Moon.

It tastes like Creation I wrote,
it has the flavour of starlight.

Q2. What colour is Love?

Love is the colour of the water a man
lost in the desert finds, I wrote.

Q3. Why do snowflakes melt?

I wrote, they melt because they fall
on to the warm tongue of God.

There were other questions.
They were as simple.

I described the grief of Adam
when he was expelled from Eden.
I wrote down the exact weight of
an elephant's dream

Yet today, many years later,
For my living I sweep the streets
or clean out the toilets of the fat hotels.

Why?
Because constantly I failed my exams.
Why?
Well, let me set a test.

Q1. How large is a child's imagination?
Q2. How shallow is the soul of the Minister for exams?

Minister for Exams, Brian Patten.

just thought i'd like to share this; came across this just when i was going through my gp file.
nice little poem, isnt it.
anyway i think i can just remove the workout thing from the sidebar.
im simply too lazy to workout x:
games suit me better. i miss balling with the girls.
or thrashing our class guys at netball HAHAHA.

days are getting better, i dont hate schl so much anymore. tmr's the start of promos!
oh how i dread the long butt-stretching hours of gp tmr grrr.
oh that reminds me. hey enli i read your blog thankyou lovely (:
i wish i could borrow all the smart brains too!
just for once, just for promos )):
okay maybe like, next year's terms, prelims, A's. heh heh.

im pertubed by the word apartheid.
ive seen it in places but never really bothered to figure out its meaning.

apartheid
noun [U]
(in the past in South Africa) a political system in which people of different races are separated

there!


the four letter word that starts with an e. (haha not you enli.)

No comments: